Linked List // April 8 2016
- Google’s April Fools Joke fell incredibly flat last week. Apparantely Gmail doesn’t need a mic drop feature.
- I’ve really loved using TextExpander but this new move baffles me: they are moving to a SaaS model and charging $5/m even if you don’t use all the features they offer (sync, collaboration, etc). It’s a great excuse to revisit Keyboard Maestro for text expansion. TJ Luoma has a great post about this.
- I don’t understand why so many are keen to vote Trump for the GOP nominee. It genuinely boggles my mind. There is absolutely no policy in his campaign (other than fear). Take this discussion on abortion last week. It’s all over the place. Incidentally he was very pro-choice until deciding to run for President. If you are a “one and done” issue voter for this particular issue - I’d look elsewhere for a candidate.
- In similar fashion, Mexico is concerned enough about the ridiculous rhetoric coming from Trump that they are building a highly qualified public relations team to come over and attempt damage control. Unfortunately it’s been shown time and again that those following Trump aren’t that interested in reality.
- This is an interesting read on snapchat.
- I really enjoyed reading this interview with Brian Zahnd.
- Looking for a good book to read? Here’s a great list of “Missional Church” books.
- So the Panama Papers. That’s a crazy story. Vice writes on why you should care (the language here is a bit salty). And there has already been fallout (the Icelandic prime minister resigned because of the leak). It will be interesting to see how things pan out.
- This is a pretty good list of things to do when staying in a sketchy hotel. I don’t do all of these in my travels but many on this list I actually have been doing.